What is a Network Vulnerability Assessment?
The safeguarding of your network infrastructure is critical in the current dynamic environment of threats. Network Vulnerability Assessment (NVA) is the methodical identification, evaluation, and prioritization of computer network vulnerabilities. An NVA seeks to identify potential vulnerabilities in the network infrastructure, systems, and applications that malicious software or unauthorized individuals could exploit. The evaluation offers significant perspectives on the network’s security stance, empowering organizations to implement preventive strategies to alleviate vulnerabilities and bolster overall security.
Network Vulnerability Assessment includes:
- Comprehensive Discovery: Thoroughly scan your network, ensuring all connected devices and systems are identified providing a comprehensive overview of your network infrastructure.
- Vulnerability Scanning: Using the industry-leading scanning tool, Enprobe, the expert team conducts comprehensive network scans. With Enprobe’s advanced capabilities, one can accurately identify vulnerabilities and provide detailed reports with severity levels and actionable recommendations for remediation.
- Configuration Review: Review network device configurations, such as firewalls, routers, and switches, to ensure they are properly set up to defend against potential attacks. Assess firewall rules, access control lists, and other configuration settings to identify any misconfigurations or weak points.
- Wireless Network Assessment: If your organization utilizes wireless networks, conduct a comprehensive assessment to identify security weaknesses. Examine wireless access points, encryption protocols, and authentication mechanisms to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of wireless communications.
What is Penetration Testing?
Penetration testing, also known as ethical hacking or pen testing, is a proactive cybersecurity procedure in which authorized security experts simulate cyberattacks on an organization, network, application, or computer system to detect and patch vulnerabilities before their exploitation by malicious actors. The principal objective of penetration testing is to evaluate the security of a system and identify vulnerabilities that an adversary might be able to exploit.
Penetration Testing includes:
- External Testing: Simulate attacks from outside the network to access the security of externally accessible systems, such as web servers, VPNs, and firewalls. By attempting to breach these systems, identify vulnerabilities and potential entry points that attackers may exploit.
- Internal Testing: Accessing the security of the internal network by simulating attacks from within the trusted boundaries. This helps identify vulnerabilities that could be exploited by malicious insiders or compromised devices within the network.
- Application Testing: Experts perform comprehensive assessments of web applications, APIs, and custom software to identify vulnerabilities such as injection flaws, cross-site scripting (XSS), and other application-level weaknesses.
- Social Engineering Testing: Evaluating the organization’s susceptibility to social engineering attacks, such as phishing, pretexting, and physical intrusion attempts. By testing employees’ awareness and response to these tactics, will help strengthen the human-centric security controls.
Why Entersoft is a right NVAPT(Network Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing ) vendor
Entersoft is distinguished as a leading provider of Network Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing (NVAPT) due to several noteworthy factors. Entersoft, a company with a strong reputation and considerable expertise in the field of cybersecurity, prides itself on employing a group of exceptionally competent individuals who hold industry-recognized credentials. This combination guarantees a thorough and resilient testing methodology. The approach they take follows established standards; it integrates automated instruments with thorough manual examination to detect weaknesses in critical assets, network infrastructure, and applications. Entersoft’s steadfast dedication to customization, comprehensive and precise reporting, and ongoing enhancements reinforces its standing as a preferred vendor. The organization’s reliance on the company to improve its cybersecurity posture is due to its specialized knowledge in regulatory conformance, open and honest communication practices, and cooperative methodology towards clients. By placing an emphasis on providing high-quality services and value, Entersoft distinguishes itself as an exceptional option for individuals who value comprehensive and efficient NVAPT solutions.